Research Engineering & Support
The Research Engineering & Support unit at IMDEA Networks is dedicated to supporting the continued growth in our research capacity and maximizing the impact of our research output by providing specific technical and professional expertise and assistance to ongoing research endeavors in a variety of ways. Research Engineering & Support personnel work either at the level of the entire Institute, or closely with researchers and their groups. There are roles with an engineering background that take care of the design, installation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure. Other roles may, for instance, provide administrative or operational support to project or lab management.
Typical jobs include systems administration, research (software and/or hardware) engineering, project or research administrator and laboratory technician. These positions are similar to their industry equivalents. They enable our employees to work on cutting-edge research problems and technology in a stimulating and innovative environment.
The IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain, is recruiting a Research Engineer to work on the processing and recognition of images in underwater environments using automatic algorithms such as machine learning and deep neural networks. The position can be configured as a Research Engineer or as a Postdoc, in case the applicant holds a PhD degree.
In this position you will help in the design and development of algorithms and tools to be actually running in a relevant underwater environment as part of a larger project on underwater habitat monitoring.
You will be working with leading researchers in an international working environment.
- MS and/or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines (students close to completion will also be considered).
- Strong background in programming and software integration.
- Strong background on image processing and video processing.
- Background in machine learning algorithms.
- Proven ability to develop solid code and debug complex systems.
- Strongly motivated, with a desire to experiment and explore.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Skills considered as a plus include:
- Experience in underwater sensing, communications, and/or networking.
- Data analysis.
- Deep learning.
- Web development.
- System-level integration.
- Experience in research.
- Initial contract of 1 year, renewable upon performance and availability of funds.
- The total gross yearly salary will range from 26.000 to 29.000 EUR depending on the profile and qualifications of the candidate.
How To Apply
If you are interested and believe that you qualify, please send your CV with the names and email addresses of at least 3 references to: paolo.casari –AT- imdea –DOT- org
Deadline for Receipt of Applications
October 25, 2017, or until the position is filled.