IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies“ and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
The Pervasive Wireless Systems Group led by Dr. Domenico Giustiniano and the Ubiquitous Wireless Networks Group led by Dr. Paolo Casari are hiring a Post-Doc researcher. The selected candidate will work full-time within the European Training Network (ETN) ENLIGHT'EM coordinated by IMDEA Networks Institute, that will start in June 2019 and will last for four years. The ENLIGHT’EM project will leverage the low baseline energy consumption of LEDs to design sustainable solutions that jointly deliver lighting and networked communication for IoT systems.
- PhD in Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering
- Good organizational and analytical skills, and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Enthusiasm, dynamism and proven teamwork capabilities
- Proactive, flexible and problem-solving attitude
Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Co-supervision of two PhD students
- Monitoring and actively reviewing the progress and the contents of scientific deliverables
- Monitoring the completion of milestones and the redaction of periodic reports
- Coordinating the presentation of demonstrators
- Having an active role in joint scientific publications involving possibly multiple project partners
- Proactively stimulate the dissemination and exploitation activities of the training network
Contract Duration & Type
Full time position.
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM (https://careers.networks.imdea.org/), choosing the position: Post-Doc Researcher: Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [Pervasive Wireless Systems Group & Ubiquitous Wireless Networks Group] .