IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
IMDEA Networks Institute is looking to hire a Junior Science Communicator to support its Operations Department, in charge of corporate communications at the Institute. This position is made available within the framework of the Grant for the promotion of youth employment and the implementation of the Youth Guarantee system in R&D+i (technical and R&D management personnel), which is part of the Spanish National Programme for the Promotion of Talent and its Employability. Therefore, the candidate must meet the requirements of the aforementioned grant and on the date of the hire must be:
- Between 16 and 24 years old and be subscribed to the Spanish National System of Youth Guarantee (Sistema Nacional de Garantía Juvenil).
- Demonstrable high communication skills (verbal, written and visual). (A test will be performed).
- User-level computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of web content management, graphic design and/or audiovisual creation will be a plus.
- Competence in the use of MS Office, the Adobe Creative Suite package, as well as WordPress, is desirable.
- Knowledge of task and project management tools is also desirable.
- An interest in science and innovation, especially on the ICT sector, will be positively valued.
Additional Complementary Skills
Ability to focus and pay attention to detail; technical, analytical and problem solving skills; proactivity to identify opportunities for improvement; creativity applied to result optimization.
A high level of English (the Institute’s official language), both spoken and written, is essential. (A test will be performed).
- University Degree in Journalism, Audiovisual Communication, Marketing and Events, Management of Information and Digital Contents, Advertising, Public Relations, or related fields.
No previous experience required.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The person hired will be trained to acquire the necessary skills to become a qualified science, technology & innovation communication professional, focusing on corporate communications, science journalism and knowledge management. Following a training period, the candidate will carry out the following tasks:
- Perform internal and external communication activities to support the achievement of the Institute’s strategic objectives, including the promotion of IMDEA Networks’ R&D+i results to the Institute’s stakeholders.
- Develop and implement institutional communication, branding and public relations activities, involving:
- Writing, editing and reviewing text in both English and Spanish to be used as communication material (press releases, web content, presentations…),
- as well as designing and preparing the said material to be published on different formats and communication settings.
- Preparation of marketing collaterals and audiovisual materials.
- Production and maintenance of digital media content for websites, blogs, audiovisual platforms, podcasts, intranet, etc.
- Community management.
- Organization and coordination of events at a local and international level, linked to research development and science dissemination.
- Track and evaluate impact achieved as a result of communication activities.
- Reporting activities.
- Information and scientific knowledge management via ICT systems, ensuring compliance with EU open access policies.
Contract Duration & Type
- Labor contract (work or service) with a duration of 2 years.
- Workplace: Leganés (Madrid).
- Salary according to experience and knowledge.
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM (https://careers.networks.imdea.org/), choosing the position: Admin: [Comunicador Científico] [Operations Department] .