Arturo Azcorra from IMDEA Networks / University Carlos III of Madrid discusses various aspects of current work on 5G networks. From developments on the European H2020 5G-Crosshaul* project to the role of the 5G Infrastructure Public-Private Partnership (5G PPP).
Video shot at the international conference EuCNC2016 celebrated in Athens, Greece from June 27th to the 30th, 2016. This year’s topic was “The Dawn of 5G”. Azcorra was responsible for the organization of one of its workshops: ‘WORKSHOP 4a on Next generation fronthaul/backhaul integrated transport networks’.
*The 5G Integrated fronthaul/backhaul
Some references about IMDEA Networks’ involvement in the development of 5G over the last few months:
- 5G Networks: The Last Piece of the Puzzle of Global Hyperconnectivity
- CROWD sets the pillars of 5G communications
- Telefónica signs multilateral agreements to boost 5G Technologies in Spain
- 5TONIC, an open 5G Networks Research and Innovation Laboratory
- European industrial and academic partners join to develop the integrated fronthaul and backhaul solution for 5G Networks