MR-1S1 [Torres] & MR-1S3 [Quevedo], IMDEA Networks Institute, Avda. del Mar Mediterráneo 22, 28918 Leganés – Madrid
IMDEA Networks Institute annually holds a by-invitation-only thematic workshop in Madrid. The workshop accompanies a meeting of our Scientific Council comprised of prominent researchers. In addition to talks by Scientific Council members and Faculty Members, the workshop includes two brainstorm sessions in further SDN/NFV networking and extremely high mobility. The goal of the 2018 event is to foster discussion and present disruptive visions on a critical aspect of future wired and wireless networks. The workshop program is aimed at presenting recent research results from participants, debate on and identify priorities and challenges in the research agenda, as well as exploring new paths towards making future networks a true commodity for the needs of society.
- 13:30-14:30 | Poster session / Lunch [1C0 dining area]
- 14:30-14:35 | Introduction and welcome [MR-1S1 Torres & MR-1S3 Quevedo]
- 14:35-15:15 | Keynote by Jon Crowcroft: "Edge AI"
- 15:15-16:00 | Three presentations by the research line leaders
- 16:00-16:30 | Poster session/tea break
- 16:30-17-30 | Presentations by lab, group leaders and members of the research council (part 1)
- 9:00-9:30 | Breakfast reception (Poster and demo session)
- 9:30-11:30 | Presentations by lab, group leaders and members of the research council (part 2)
- 11:30-11:45 | Poster/session/tea break
- 11:45-13:00 | Discussion/brainstorms
- Title: SDN/NFV is a revolution, an incremental step, or just a marketing hype. What is next? SDN revisits relationships between network hardware and software controlling it through programming abstractions. In this discussion we will critically look over the current developments in SDN, its history and will try to predict/suggest what is actually missing in the near future.
- Extremely High Mobility. Technology trends such as drones or automated and connected vehicles increasingly generate network load while actively in motion. On the flip side, they also offer new opportunities for exploiting moving network infrastructure.
Please note: Attendance is by invitation only
|“A Protocol-Ignorance Perspective on Incremental Deployability of Routing Protocols”||Vadim Kirilin, Sergey Gorinsky||Sergey Gorinsky, IMDEA Networks|
|"Optimizing mmWave Wireless Backhaul Scheduling”||Edgar Arribas, Antonio F. Anta, Dariusz Kowalski, Vincenzo Mancuso, Miguel A. Mosteiro, Joerg Widmer, Prudence W.H. Wong||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"Machine learning based characterization of VNF response time”||Constantine Ayimba, Vincenzo Mancuso, Paolo Casari||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"Experimental performance evaluation of video applications with MONROE”||Mohamed Moulay, Vincenzo Mancuso||Vincenzo Mancuso, IMDEA Networks|
|"An Analysis of Pre-installed Android Software”||Julien Gamba, Mohammed Rashed, Abbas Razaghpanah, Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, Juan Tapiador||Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, IMDEA Network|
|"A Study on the Privacy Implications of Mobile Parental Control Apps"||Álvaro Feal, Julien Gamba, Narseo Vallina-Rodríguez, Carmela Troncoso, Alessandra Gorla, Paolo Calciati||Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, IMDEA Networks|
|"Not All Apps Are Created Equal: Analysis of Spatiotemporal Heterogeneity in Nationwide Mobile Service Usage"||Cristina Márquez, Marco Gramaglia, Marco Fiore, Albert Banchs, Cezary Ziemlicki, Zbigniew Smoreda||Albert Banchs, IMDEA Networks & UC3M|
|"Indoor Localization Using Commercial Off-The-Shelf 60 GHz Access Points"||Guillermo Bielsa, Joan Palacios, Adrian Loch, Paolo Casari, Daniel Steinmetzer, Joerg Widmer||Joerg Widmer, IMDEA Networks|
|"Zero Overhead Device Tracking in 60 GHz Wireless Networks"||Adrian Loch, Hany Assasa, Joan Palacios, Joerg Widmer, Hans Suys, Björn Debaillie||Joerg Widmer, IMDEA Networks|
|“Small UAVs use cases for the near future”||Victor Sanchez-Aguero, Borja Nogales, Francisco Valera, Ivan Vidal||Francisco Valera, UC3M|
|"Analysis of tunneling Protocols that fit an SD-WAN scenario, leveraging white box switches"||Haftay Gebreslasie Abreha, Aitor Zabala, Arturo Azcorra||Arturo Azcorra, IMDEA Networks & UC3M|
|"Analysing Gender Inequality Through Large-scale Facebook Advertising Data"||D. Garcia, Yonas Mitike Kassa, Ángel Cuevas, Manuel Cebrian, Esteban Moro, I. Rahwan, Rubén Cuevas||Rubén Cuevas, UC3M|
|"Student’s performance prediction by working environment monitoring"||Lucía Uguina-Gadella, Iria Estévez-Ayres & Jesús Arias-Fisteus||Carlos Delgado Kloos, UC3M|
|"Multi-domain VNF mapping algorithms"||Jorge Martín-Pérez, Carlos J. Bernardos||Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano, UC3M|
|"Optimal array shape analysis for wideband DoA estimation in 3D underwater environment"||Elizaveta Dubrovinskaya, Paolo Casari||Paolo Casari, IMDEA Networks|
|"Collaborative Blind Signal Reconstruction"||Roberto Calvo-Palomino, Domenico Giustiniano, Fabio Ricciato, Vincent Lenders||Domenico Giustiniano, IMDEA Networks|
|"Planning in Compute-Aggregate Problems as Optimization Problems on Graphs"||Pavel Chuprikov, Alex Davydow, Kirill Kogan, Sergey I. Nikolenko, Alexander V. Sirotkin||Kirill Kogan, IMDEA Networks|
IMDEA Networks Institute