IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Visiting professors* share our research interests and spend their sabbatical with us for either one or two terms. They usually have several years’ post-doctoral research experience and are interested in extending their horizons with a temporary assignment in a new environment.
* USA academic equivalent: Visiting Professor/Researcher.
As Visiting Professor your responsibilities would vary depending on the length of your visit and may include
- To provide scientific leadership in defining and developing lines of research
- To identify and to take a lead in preparing proposals for funded research projects
- To establish links and collaborations with partner institutions and with industry
- To help supervise PhD Students in their Ph.D. program
Scientists applying for this position have the following attributes
- Ph.D. with more than 5 years’ telematics-related research experience
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Successful track record in developing transferable technologies through international patents and licensing agreements
- A number of high impact publications
- Correspondingly high h-index above 20
In exchange for this, we offer
- The opportunity to work with colleagues of world-class standing
- Fully funded Ph.D. students
- First-class research laboratories and facilities
- Full administrative and project support, freeing you to focus on your research activities
- The unrivalled quality of life to be enjoyed in the Madrid region
THE CALL FOR THESE POSITIONS IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
We are in a growing phase and we are continuously looking for new candidates. Our recruitment process is organized around periodic calls for researchers. If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.