Research Engineering & Support
The Research Engineering & Support unit at IMDEA Networks is dedicated to supporting the continued growth in our research capacity and maximizing the impact of our research output by providing specific technical and professional expertise and assistance to ongoing research endeavors in a variety of ways. Research Engineering & Support personnel work either at the level of the entire Institute, or closely with researchers and their groups. There are roles with an engineering background that take care of the design, installation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure. Other roles may, for instance, provide administrative or operational support to project or lab management.
Typical jobs include systems administration, research (software and/or hardware) engineering, project or research administrator and laboratory technician. These positions are similar to their industry equivalents. They enable our employees to work on cutting-edge research problems and technology in a stimulating and innovative environment.
- Ability to lead a Team, building high morale and getting group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others, both inside and outside the Institute.
- Capacity to negotiate and influence upwards.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using interpersonal skills that include tact, patience and courtesy when interacting with others.
- Interpret, and apply regulations, policies and procedures.
- Strategic and tactical thinking, analyzing situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Autonomy: Work independently with little direction.
- Ability to react quickly and rationally during emergency situations.
Additional Complementary Skills
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certified.
- Spanish & English
- Industrial Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineer
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Quality and Supply Chain area in R&D labs or multinationals, managing providers, RFIs, RFPs, etc.
- Supply chain expertise from fundamentals, to dynamics to information system tools and techniques, and analytics.
- Six sigma and Lean Management
- Administrative and management procedures in the public sector: New public sector procurement law.
List of tasks and Responsibilities
- Introduce of the quality function applied to products and services, aiming at costs reductions and establishment of synergies with other institutes
- Improve the process of supplier accreditation, negotiation and control, developing a suppliers overall rating mechanism.
- Select, implement and maintain Quality Management and Resource Planning tools
- Direct the expansion of research spaces, facilities, services and maintenance.
- Plan and supervise supply chain projects, based on the Strategic Plan developed by the Executive.
- Manage continuous improvement processes, introducing a six-sigma program
- Implement a centralized procurement process
- Improve laboratories operation by:
- Centralize inventory management, and the maintenance reviews of all laboratory equipment.
- Create and maintain a central repository of measurement data. Validate risks and exposure for the Institute in light of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Quality assurance, auditing from time to time what a group has produced.
- Define a catalogue of services and the standard procedures to fit laboratory operations needs.
- Search for the best solution when purchasing a new product or service, or subcontracting a task, determining the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Define the decision criteria according to key specs: SNR values, bandwidth, warranty time, price, etc., to evaluate which is the most convenient option.
- Make RFIs and RFPs to support activity f.
- Manage returns or changes due to a breakage.
- Supervise and analyse new regulations regarding occupational safety measures e.g. wiring deployment, number of devices that can be placed on the ground, whether it is mandatory or not to have an extinguisher or other fire protection in the laboratory itself, etc.
- Monitor budgets, costs and investments.
- Define quality policies and procedures, including analyzing incidents, deviations in quality and proposing preventive and corrective measures, ensuring to maintain an adequate level of risk in the organization.
- Develop and ensure the adequacy of the business continuity plans (supply chain wide).
- Coach, motivate, define objectives, assign and oversee tasks, and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
How To Apply
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications
23 July 2018