Research Engineering & Support
The Research Engineering & Support unit at IMDEA Networks is dedicated to supporting the continued growth in our research capacity and maximizing the impact of our research output by providing specific technical and professional expertise and assistance to ongoing research endeavors in a variety of ways. Research Engineering & Support personnel work either at the level of the entire Institute, or closely with researchers and their groups. There are roles with an engineering background that take care of the design, installation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure. Other roles may, for instance, provide administrative or operational support to project or lab management.
Typical jobs include systems administration, research (software and/or hardware) engineering, project or research administrator and laboratory technician. These positions are similar to their industry equivalents. They enable our employees to work on cutting-edge research problems and technology in a stimulating and innovative environment.
IMDEA Networks' Internet Analytics Group (http://iag.networks.imdea.org/) headed by Prof. Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez (https://http://people.networks.imdea.org/~narseo_vallina/) invites applications for a research engineer position in the area of mobile privacy and security.
• The ideal candidate should have solid background in back-end development (DBs, RESTful APIs) and programming skills. Experience in Android app development, reverse engineering, web crawling, or traffic analysis is a plus.
• Capacity to work in a research team is a must.
• Research experience is a plus.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Contract Duration & Type
• 12 months, renewable based on performance and funding sources. Includes social and health benefits.
• Salary will vary depending on candidate's experience and skills.
• Could be full or part-time depending on candidate's profile and situation.
• The ideal candidate should have a MsC degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar disciplines. However, strong candidates with BsC degrees are also encouraged to apply.;
How To Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The call will be open until the 15th of August or until the position is filled.
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM (https://careers.networks.imdea.org/), choosing the position:
Research Engineer & Support: [Research Engineer] [Internet Analytics Group] .
Deadline for Receipt of Applications
15 August 2019