The Research Engineers & Support unit at IMDEA Networks is dedicated to supporting the continued growth in our research capacity and maximizing the impact of our research output by providing specific technical and professional expertise and assistance to ongoing research endeavors in a variety of ways. Research Engineers & Support personnel work either at the level of the entire Institute, or closely with researchers and their groups. There are roles with an engineering background that take care of the design, installation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure. Other roles may, for instance, provide administrative or operational support to project or lab management.
Typical jobs include systems administration, research (software and/or hardware) engineering, project or research administrator and laboratory technician. These positions are similar to their industry equivalents. They enable our employees to work on cutting-edge research problems and technology in a stimulating and innovative environment.
Research Software Engineer
The IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain is recruiting a Research Software Engineer to work in European projects on Privacy, Access Control, Edge Computing, Data Analysis and Machine Learning.
In this position you will help in the design and development of algorithms and tools.
You will be working with leading researchers in an international working environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (students close to completion will also be considered)
- Strong background in programming, software integration, and web development. Especially interesting initially are skills on JavaEE, MariaDB, and MySQL
- Background on distributed systems and networking
- Proven ability to develop solid code and debug complex systems
- Strongly motivated, with a desire to experiment and explore
- Fluency in spoken English
- Skills considered as a plus include: data analysis, machine learning, cloud computing, operating systems, computational mathematics, and experience in research
Starting date & contract duration
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Initial contract for one year, renewable upon performance and availability of funds
- This is a full-time position: 40 hours per week
How to apply
If you are interested and believe that you qualify, please send your CV with the names and email addresses of at least 3 references, indicating the Reference number “2017-02-17_ResSoftEng_AFA” to: antonio.fernandez –AT- imdea –DOT- org
Deadline for receipt of applications: 28 February 2017