IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
We bring together a large number of scientists performing research in fields very closely related to computer networks to an extent that is unique in Europe. At the Institute, and teamed up with University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M), researchers understand each other, are driven by common interests and are therefore able to collaborate in depth on leading-edge technical challenges.
Research Assistant Professors* at IMDEA Networks Institute are bright researchers at the beginning of their research career, who want to establish a strong research group based on their research vision. They lead their own team of PhD Students and post-doctoral researchers and collaborate with top Research Associate Professors. Research Assistant Professors are not required to teach, so they can focus full-time on research if they so wish.
* USA academic equivalents: Assistant Professor – tenure track.
All areas of networking, specifically network protocols and systems, wireless networking, network measurements and analytics, and related areas.
- Conducting cutting-edge scientific research in computer networking and related areas such as distributed systems
- Publishing regularly in leading conferences and journals
- Building a strong team of PhD students, postdocs, and other staff and directing their work
- Identifying and taking the lead or providing support in preparing proposals for funded research projects, contracts and grants
- Creating value by developing transferable IPR (patents, software, …) and collaborating in standards bodies
- Managing your own research budget, which includes a basic research budget provided by the Institute, plus the funds that the Research Assistant Professor attracts for his/her research and for the Institute
- Attending conferences, establishing research collaborations, giving talks and seminars, hosting visitors, etc.
- Supervising PhD Students in their Ph.D. program
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, with significant research experience in the area of networking
- A number of high quality publications
- Usually around one or two years of post-doctoral experience at a top research institution
- Strong will to establish yourself as a reputed researcher in your field
- We particularly value systems oriented research
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken English (please note: Spanish is not required)
- The opportunity to work with colleagues of world-class standing
- First-class research laboratories and facilities
- A personal research budget, which covers basic research costs and allows you to hire PhD students from the first day
- The possibility to personally manage the funds attracted by submitting project proposals and research agreements with external entities
- Internationally-competitive salaries and relocation packages
- A share of IPR revenues arising from your work here
- Full support to transfer your results to industry or to start-up your own company
- The unrivalled quality of life to be enjoyed in the Madrid region
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM.
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY OPEN. THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 08 SEPTEMBER 2017 (14:00 CET).
Candidates would be well advised to submit their applications for evaluation at the earliest opportunity ahead of the deadline.