IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
We are about to start the SEARCHLIGHT project on future very high speed wireless networks, funded through a prestigious ERC Consolidator Grant. The project targets efficient wireless network architectures and protocols for the extremely high frequency part of the radio spectrum (the millimeter wave band). Upcoming communication technologies, such as the IEEE 802.11ad standard operating at 60GHz, have recently started exploiting this part of the radio spectrum.
More details about the project can be found at http://www.networks.imdea.org/research/projects/searchlight. As a member of the team, you will be involved in cutting edge research and experimental work as well as close interaction with PhD students.
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Strong background in wireless networking, ideally including experience in mmWave communication/IEEE 802.11ad
- Past experience in building systems and experimental work in the area of wireless networking is a plus
- Good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Very good organization and communication skills
Candidates should send the following information as .pdf or .doc attachments to Joerg Widmer (joerg.widmer-AT-imdea-DOT-org):
- CV, including a list of publications, a summary of educational and work experience, and grades
- Short research statement (~1 page)
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references