IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies“ and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
Post-Doc position in the Wireless Networking Group
The research group is involved in several millimeter-wave related projects. The post-doctoral fellow will primarily perform research in the context of mmMAGIC (Millimeter-Wave Based Mobile Radio Access Network for Fifth Generation Integrated Communications), a Horizon 2020 5G PPP project. The project develops new concepts for mm-wave mobile radio access technology (RAT), a key component in the 5G multi-RAT ecosystem, and within this project the research focus of the post-doctoral fellow will be specifically on MAC and network layer research topics. More details about the project can be found at http://www.networks.imdea.org/research/projects/mmmagic. As a member of the research group, you will be involved in cutting edge research and experimental work as well as close interaction with PhD students.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong background in wireless networking, ideally including experience in mmWave communication/IEEE 802.11ad
- Past experience in building systems and experimental work in the area of wireless networking is a plus
- Good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Very good organization and communication skills
Starting date & duration
- 1 October 2016 onwards
- Contract duration: 12 months
- The position has a duration of 1 year, renewable depending on performance and funding
- This is a full-time position: 40 hours per week
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV, including a list of publications, a summary of academic and work experience, a short research statement (~1 page), and names and email addresses of at least 3 references (.pdf or .doc attachments) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following reference in the email subject: “2016-08-11_PostDoc_JW”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: until the position is filled. (Advertised since 11 August 2016).
Post-Doc position in SDN/NFV research
The NETCOM research group of IMDEA Networks, invites applications for one Post-Doc Researcher position.
The tasks to be performed by the selected candidate will be to:
- Collaborate in the cutting-edge SDN/NFV research of the 5GPPP 5G-Crosshaul project.
- Research in the area of SDN and NFV applied to transport networks and Mobile Edge Computing.
- Support the team members in the preparation of the project reports.
- Carry out high-level research on the above mentioned topics.
- Participate on the research and dissemination activities of the project, including writing scientific papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
The position is open for PhD holders. The successful applicant should have a Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunication Networks, or a very closely related field.
- Excellent use of English at both conversational and writing levels.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work in an international team.
- Good publication record and h-index (compared to experience).
- Experience in leading and/or participating in the preparation of scientific publications.
- Ability to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
- Prior research experience in academia or industry.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and Internet protocols.
- Very good programming skills in C/C++, and with Linux/Unix platforms.
- Knowledge of use and customization of SDN and NFV platforms.
- Knowledge of optimization theory and its application to networks.
- PhD obtained in a European University.
Starting date & duration
- Contract duration: 1st October 2016 up to 31st December 2017
- The position has a duration of 15 months, renewable depending on performance and funding.
How to apply
If you are interested and believe that you qualify, please send the following information to email@example.com indicating the reference “2016-07-18_PostDoc_AA” on the email subject:
- CV (including a full list of your publications).
- Transcripts of all your university degrees.
- Three references (full contact details, including email).
- Research statement explaining your motivation and suitability for this position.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 15 September 2016 (12:00 midday CET)