IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies“ and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
The IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain, is recruiting a Research Engineer to work on the processing and recognition of images in underwater environments using automatic algorithms such as machine learning and deep neural networks. The position can be configured as a Research Engineer or as a Postdoc, in case the applicant holds a PhD degree.
In this position you will help in the design and development of algorithms and tools to be actually running in a relevant underwater environment as part of a larger project on underwater habitat monitoring.
You will be working with leading researchers in an international working environment.
- MS and/or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines (students close to completion will also be considered).
- Strong background in programming and software integration.
- Strong background on image processing and video processing.
- Background in machine learning algorithms.
- Proven ability to develop solid code and debug complex systems.
- Strongly motivated, with a desire to experiment and explore.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Skills considered as a plus include:
- Experience in underwater sensing, communications, and/or networking.
- Data analysis.
- Deep learning.
- Web development.
- System-level integration.
- Experience in research.
- Initial contract of 1 year, renewable upon performance and availability of funds.
- The total gross yearly salary will range from 26.000 to 29.000 EUR depending on the profile and qualifications of the candidate.
How To Apply
If you are interested and believe that you qualify, please send your CV with the names and email addresses of at least 3 references to: paolo.casari –AT- imdea –DOT- org
Deadline for Receipt of Applications
November 30, 2017, or until the position is filled.