IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies“ and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
Post-Doc position in the Pervasive Wireless System
A postdoc position is available in the Pervasive Wireless System group led by Dr. Domenico Giustiniano. The group is active in fields such as Visible Light Communication systems, Distributed Spectrum Monitoring Systems and Mobile Indoor Localization Systems. The candidate will co-supervise the work of PhD students in one or more of these fields.
- Preference will be given to candidates with top publications in Telecommunication Engineering and solid hands-on experience in system work.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Capability to work in a research team is a must.
- The candidate must have obtained his/her PhD between 01/01/2006 to 31/12/2013 and they must have done research in R&D centers outside Spain at least 3 years (out of which, 2 years must have been in the last 3 years).
Starting date & duration
- Intended start date: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Up to 3 years
- This is a full-time position: 40 hours per week
How to apply
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV, including a list of publications, a summary of academic and work experience, a copy of your PhD degree, a short research statement (~1 page), and names and email addresses of at least 3 references (.pdf or .doc attachments) to: email@example.com .
Please include the following reference in the email subject: “2017-02-08_PostDoc_DG”.
Deadline for receipt of applications: until the position is filled. (Advertised since 08 February 2017).