IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the “development of future network technologies“ and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
IMDEA Networks' Internet Analytics Group (http://iag.networks.imdea.org/) headed by Prof. Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez (https://http://people.networks.imdea.org/~narseo_vallina/) invites applications for a postdoc position in the area of mobile privacy and security.
Based on the candidate skills, the post-doctoral researcher will perform experimental research to 1) develop cutting edge methods to identify and quantify mobile application's privacy risks; 2) gather evidence to assess mobile application's regulatory compliance; and 3) characterize the third-party mobile advertising and tracking ecosystem.
For further details about Prof. Vallina-Rodriguez research activities, visit his
publication record (http://people.networks.imdea.org/~narseo_vallina/publications.html).
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Very good organization and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Experience in at least one of the following research areas is a plus:
- Android app development.
- Usage of tools for mobile application analysis (e.g., apktool).
- Dynamic analysis of software and sandboxing.
- Reverse engineering.
- Web crawling or traffic analysis.
PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field.
Contract Duration & Type
- 12 months, renewable based on performance.
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits.
How To Apply
- Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The call will be open until the 15th of August or until the position is filled.
- Candidates should submit a CV including at least a list of publications, and a summary of both educational and previous work experience, and previous research projects.
- Names and email addresses of at least 2 references will be required.
TO APPLY PLEASE FILL IN THIS ONLINE FORM (https://careers.networks.imdea.org/), choosing the position: Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [Internet Analytics Group] .