IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research institute whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the development of future network technologies and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists (see our research team here). Our researchers share the potential to shape the future of networking science over the coming years.
Further information regarding our areas of research can be found here.
Post-doctoral Researchers at IMDEA Networks Institute are early-stage, post-doctorate researchers who are looking to establish their research career, working with top senior researchers and a team of young, pre-doctorate researchers.
Post-doctoral Researcher Position (Networked Systems Group)
Networked Systems Group (led by Dejan Kostić) at IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain, invites applications for a Post-doctoral Researcher in the area of Networked Systems.
We have received substantial funding (ERC Starting Investigator award) that will allow us to dramatically change the way distributed systems are developed and deployed (more details are available at the project's current website). As a member of the team, you will be involved in experimental systems work, interaction with several PhD students, and grant-writing.
- PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong background in distributed systems, networking, programming, and operating systems
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Very good critical reasoning
- Very good knowledge of C++, UNIX, and some scripting language
- Strong motivated, with a desire to experiment and explore
- Good publication record in top academic conferences and/or journals
Skills considered as a plus include: software verification background (model-checking, symbolic execution), programming languages background, and network vendor certifications.
Candidates should send the following information as .pdf or .doc attachments to Dejan Kostić (dkostic –AT- imdea –DOT- org):
- CV, including a list of publications, a summary of educational and work experience, and grades
- Short research statement (1 page)
- Names and email addresses of at least 3 references