IMDEA Networks offers a Research Internship program. Eligible candidates are students who are currently undertaking a B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field, and who wish to enhance their research potential developing the Science of Networks. Interns work closely with members of our research team, which allows them to acquire on-the-job training and gain valuable experience in computer networking science and technology.
The minimum expected internship duration is usually 3 months, but longer stays are accommodated depending on individual circumstances. Successful interns also receive a special consideration for future positions on our PhD Student team.
IMDEA Networks Institute (www.networks.imdea.org) offers a part-time internship compatible with your studies. The internship consists of collaborating with Engineering, Operations and Communications related tasks, particularly focused on application development; web creation & maintenance; community management; graphic design; and project & event management support.
We are located at Avda. del Mar Mediterráneo 22, 28918 Leganés, Madrid, a 5 minute walk from UC3M..
- Ongoing studies in the area of communications (Journalism, Audiovisual Communications, etc.), Telematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Good level of spoken and written English
- Web design skills (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Technical and troubleshooting abilities (Windows, Mac, MS Office, Networking, Software and Hardware, Linux)
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Creative suite or alike)
- Database knowledge (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- An internship position for a minimum period of 3 months, extendable for an additional period that could cover the full academic year (9 months) and the summer period (3 months), based on a positive evaluation of the intern's learning progress and his/her commitment
- A flexible part-time schedule (20 hours / week)
- 400 €/month (gross)
- A fun, team-driven, collaborative, research-oriented, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- A chance to learn and develop your skills and gain valuable experience
How to apply
Prospective candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
- Academic qualifications:
- Degree title (e.g., B.Sc.)
- Academic average grade
- Record of degree subjects, including grades
About IMDEA Networks Institute
IMDEA Networks Institute is a networking research organization whose multinational team is engaged in cutting-edge fundamental science. As a growing, English-speaking institute located in Madrid, Spain, IMDEA Networks offers a unique opportunity for pioneering scientists to develop their ideas. IMDEA Networks is establishing itself internationally at the forefront in the "development of future network technologies" and has already incorporated highly-reputed scientists. Our researchers will contribute to shaping the future of networking science over the coming years.