IMDEA, the Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies, is an institutional framework promoted by the Regional Government of Madrid to:
- Perform research of excellence.
- Bring off transfer technology to the industrial sector in order to improve competitiveness.
- Attract the best Spanish and international researchers and scientists to the region of Madrid.
- Make Madrid a centre for science, technology and research, positioning it among those knowledge-generating regions at the forefront of innovation.
The IMDEA initiative comprises seven independent research institutes in different strategic areas:
The objectives of the Madrid Institutes of Advanced Studies (IMDEA) are:
- To encourage R&D activities.
- To develop in-house, internationally competitive, state-of-the-art science and technology.
- To build international research teams, attracting and training human capital of excellence; to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and to create a dynamic, agile, liberal, non-interventionist environment which contributes to the well-being of Madrid and Spain.
Within this framework, Institute IMDEA Networks carries out research of the highest standard and promotes the transfer of networking technologies.